Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum For The PS Vita, Talk And Discuss Everything About The PS Vita

/HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it just me?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zackarius
IneVITAble
Zackarius

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Are we not supposed to be able to use our forum account to comment on the ps vita hub website?
Back to top Go down
Snake
Admin
Snake

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Zackarius wrote:
Are we not supposed to be able to use our forum account to comment on the ps vita hub website?

i tried my best to get it so you can comment from your forum account....but its just impossible, ive installed a new commenting system, its really good you can personalise your profile and everything
Back to top Go down
http://www.psvitahub.com
ProdigyPoop
PS VITA Hubby
ProdigyPoop

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Hmmm, I'll try to look into how to guys. I think I have an idea :-/
Back to top Go down
Zackarius
IneVITAble
Zackarius

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

Ok thanks for replying.
Back to top Go down
Abdication
N00B

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Hmm, I think the issue here is that there are different servers providing the Forums and the main website. In the URL of the forums, it shows psvitahub.forumotions.com. This means the forums are a free subdomain from Forumotions - a forum hosting service.

If you look at the main site, the URL is just psvitahub.com. Note the lack of ".forumotions." This means the forum and the website are being hosted via different methods. If Snake would to disconnect this forum and instal, say, a phpBB3 forum onto the main website, they'd be hosted by the same service. This would allow account integration between the main website and the forums, plus the forums could be edited any way Snake pleases. Right now... I think the only thing Snake can change on the forums is the CSS, but I'm not sure.

I know account integration is possible, but I don't know PHP so I can't do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Snake
Admin
Snake

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:11 am

Abdication wrote:
Hmm, I think the issue here is that there are different servers providing the Forums and the main website. In the URL of the forums, it shows psvitahub.forumotions.com. This means the forums are a free subdomain from Forumotions - a forum hosting service.

If you look at the main site, the URL is just psvitahub.com. Note the lack of ".forumotions." This means the forum and the website are being hosted via different methods. If Snake would to disconnect this forum and instal, say, a phpBB3 forum onto the main website, they'd be hosted by the same service. This would allow account integration between the main website and the forums, plus the forums could be edited any way Snake pleases. Right now... I think the only thing Snake can change on the forums is the CSS, but I'm not sure.

I know account integration is possible, but I don't know PHP so I can't do it myself.

integration is impossible...the hosting platform we use is googles..and they dont allow PHP file hosting..so the forum has to be hosted on an external website...we will probably change the hosting service in the future but right now it will stay the same..so sorry just create a separate commenting account DISCUS is really good
Back to top Go down
YoungJeezy
PS VITA Hubby
YoungJeezy

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:58 am

Zackarius wrote:
Yeah, it's a pain having 2 logins Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it just me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off - Topic Discussion :: Random Discussion-
Jump to: