Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum For The PS Vita, Talk And Discuss Everything About The PS Vita

/HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?

Go down 
+4
Zackarius
wcamicase
Snake
ProdigyPoop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ProdigyPoop
PS VITA Hubby
ProdigyPoop

The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? Empty
PostSubject: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am

The PlayStation Vita name is a little weird. Vita means 'life' in I think Latin, correct me if I'm wrong. Although the Vita does have a lot of cool things from the social experiences like Near, LiveArea, and stuff like Ruin can do, I think Sony could've came up with a better name. Maybe like "PS Evo" for evolution for handheld gaming. I don't know, what do you guys think? I'm fine with the name, but what names do you think would fit it better?
Back to top Go down
http://www.psvitahub.com
Snake
Admin
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 am

i think the whole point of having the name 'Vita" was to basically prevent people from thinking it was like a small upgrade to this psp like its not the psp with a touchscreen
Back to top Go down
wcamicase
Sackboy

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 am

i actually loved the simplicity of NGP xD
Back to top Go down
Zackarius
IneVITAble
Zackarius

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 am

I agree with Snake. Sony didn't want to make the same mistake Nintendo made with naming the 3ds. Many people thought it was just another ds and didn't see the point of paying 250 for something they thought they already had.
Back to top Go down
Kalub1988
Sackboy
Kalub1988

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:08 am

dont like the new names for game systems but its better then a wii u i guess
Back to top Go down
woodywoods
N00B
woodywoods

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:52 pm

alot better then wii u lol
Back to top Go down
Snake
Admin
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 pm

wii u might sound stupid...but its a great marketing move by nintendo. it attracts many of the people who loved the Wii
Back to top Go down
Kalub1988
Sackboy
Kalub1988

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 pm

who loved the wii lol jk... or am i?
Back to top Go down
YoungJeezy
PS VITA Hubby
YoungJeezy

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:25 am

Snake wrote:
i think the whole point of having the name 'Vita" was to basically prevent people from thinking it was like a small upgrade to this psp like its not the psp with a touchscreen
This. If they labeled it as PSP2 or something, no one would look at it since it was related to the PSP if they didn't like that.

I think the NGP would be cool, or maybe call of PSNGP, Playstation Next Generation Portable, people would probably call it PSNG or NGP.

Imagine some cheesy advertisement with a super lame rapper being like, "It's the new Playstation for the next generation!" then just dancing around. lol. Don't copy that floppy!
Back to top Go down
DisturbedmindXx
Stealther
DisturbedmindXx

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 pm

I've always said that NGP was a better name, but i know so many others that completely disagree. Btw Psp Evo does sound kinda catchy Razz they should hire you for the product title manager or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?   The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best? Empty

Back to top Go down

The name's catchy, but do you think it fits the best?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PS Vita Discussion :: PS VITA General Discussion-
Jump to: