Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum For The PS Vita, Talk And Discuss Everything About The PS Vita

/HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PS2 Games on the Vita

Go down 
+5
wcamicase
ProdigyPoop
SupremeSephiroth
Snake
Zackarius
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zackarius
IneVITAble
Zackarius

PS2 Games on the Vita  Empty
PostSubject: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:26 am

I think that Sony should allow downloadable ps2 games for the vita because it obviously has the power to run them. And while it doesn't have l2 and r2, the back touch pad could be used as large l2 and r2 buttons. What do you think? Is it possible and would it be a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Snake
Admin
Snake

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 am

hmmm the touchpad for l2 n r2 buttons is a very good idea, and im sure sony will allow ps1 games on the marketplace, but ps2 games will most likely not happen because unless the games are altered a bit the ps vita cannot run an emulator..
Back to top Go down
http://www.psvitahub.com
Zackarius
IneVITAble
Zackarius

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:58 am

Well if Sony were to allow ps2 games then the vita would skyrocket with sales because there are a lot of really great games for ps2 that can't be replaced and seeing as the ps2 is the most selling console of all time they would be missing out on a huge audience.
Back to top Go down
Snake
Admin
Snake

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:02 am

true i would love to play TEKKEN TAG Tournament 1 on the VITA
Back to top Go down
SupremeSephiroth
Mini - Sackboy
SupremeSephiroth

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 pm

yeah!i would love to play kh and dragonball budokai 3 on the go XD
This would be a sure way to bring in more consumers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/alphademonnaruto
ProdigyPoop
PS VITA Hubby
ProdigyPoop

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I'd love to play Gauntlet: Dark Legacy on it. Thatd be awesome! I heard somewhere that you can play PS2 games but it's a dull memory, I can't make too much of it.
Back to top Go down
wcamicase
Sackboy

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Snake wrote:
hmmm the touchpad for l2 n r2 buttons is a very good idea, and im sure sony will allow ps1 games on the marketplace, but ps2 games will most likely not happen because unless the games are altered a bit the ps vita cannot run an emulator..

why wouldn't the vita be able to run emulators? ._. the PS3 has a ton of them, and the vita will come with a PS1 emulator just like the PS3, and if someday the vita gets hacked you will see a crap-load of emulators for it xD
Back to top Go down
kivi95
Mini - Sackboy

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:26 am

Yeah why not really? They had ps1 classics on psp so it's just logical to have ps2 classics on PSV Smile
Back to top Go down
wcamicase
Sackboy

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 am

kivi95 wrote:
Yeah why not really? They had ps1 classics on psp so it's just logical to have ps2 classics on PSV Smile

the problem is that the vita may not have the power to run an emulator for ps2, its not for not having power but the ps2 is a dificult machine to emulate and each game needs its own configuration :/
Back to top Go down
YoungJeezy
PS VITA Hubby
YoungJeezy

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 am

Zackarius wrote:
I think that Sony should allow downloadable ps2 games for the vita because it obviously has the power to run them. And while it doesn't have l2 and r2, the back touch pad could be used as large l2 and r2 buttons. What do you think? Is it possible and would it be a good idea?
Yesss! It would be so fun playing Ps2 games on there! I didn't own a ps2 and didn't play too many of it's games but the ones I did play were awesome.
Back to top Go down
Elron
Stealther
Elron

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:16 am

I don't even know where to start but the Vita needing PS2 games is the absolute truth! MonsterHunter my fav game of all time and PS2 was the system that brought it to me. It being the greatest console ever should be reason enough that the PS Vita should enable play of its games! But alas it's not to be as Sony's to busy with the PS3 and WonderBook.
Back to top Go down
Hypercane
N00B
Hypercane

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:30 am

StarWars: Battlefront springs to mind... *Drool*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS2 Games on the Vita    PS2 Games on the Vita  Empty

Back to top Go down

PS2 Games on the Vita
Page 1 of 1